Welcome to Leah & Katies online travel diary!!...

Over the next 7 weeks we hope you join us while we discover South America..

We're plannng on trekking the Inca Trail, Cycling Death Road, traversing Salt Plains, Volcanoes & Deserts and might even try fishing for Piranhas in the Amazon....

We can't wait to share our stories with you along the way and hope you can fill us in on what we missing out on at home.

Can't wait to hear from you all soon. Katie & Leah

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Group has moved on, and Im still here!

It was around 2.00am this morning when I was sitting on the floor of the shower, knowingly, and uncaringly risking getting Tinea on my backside, feeling like death that I first wondered why on earth hadnt I suggested to Leah that we spend 7 weeks in the Maldives or Tahiti sipping cocktails around a swimming pool..

After skipping meals for the last 48 hours Leah and I decided to start eating last night ... thinking we were sensible we ate only rice and herbal tea... Leah said she felt sick going to bed, but I felt really good.. until around 1.30am..

I realised around 3.00am that there was no chance I was willingly going to get on a bus with no toilet at 9.00am for a travel day and two day excursion to the Colca Canyon to see Condors.... ..So i took every possible drug I could find in our room and waited for either daylight or death.. haha.

Thankfully, Leah managed to speak with our guide and arranged for me to stay at this hotel with a stockpile of water, drugs and toilet paper for the next two days and Ill rejoin the group when they return....

The hotel is lovely and they ring up and check on me and offer to bring me stuff up so I know Ill be fine.. From all accounts this only lasts for about 2 days and then everyone seems to be back on track...  Luckily we still have a free day in Arequipa when the group returns so I{ll still be able to have a look around when im better.

As for Condors, I will be like you and eagerly await Leahs return to see pictures.... until then I may just look them up on Google

chat to you soon...

(ps.. as Leah is the official photo poster on this blog, we may need to wait for her to return to post photos of the Inca trail.. but she has left with me the USB of piccies we have chosen... I just have to figure out how to decompress the size... if i master that ill post them earlier.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie

    Sorry to hear that you are so unwell. Do hope you are feeling better now and back onto further adventures. I can only imagine how you would be coping, knowing your phobias with digestive problems. I have friends who have been to Sth America and they say they too suffered. Seems to be what happens. One girl told me they started living on bananas and oranges to try to avoid getting sick. They had some success with this.

    Anyway, take care, rest and stay happy. We are all fine here.

    Love

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon Katie. Sorry to hear you are out of action. Hope 2 days in a comfortable hotel does the trick.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie

    Might be a good idea to write and tell me all your body parts are present and acounted for in the right body - yours. Have the group come back yet?Am tetering on cancelling flights to Vienna and rebooking to Sth America. Thinking of you and love you.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie

    We took Luce home this afternoon after a walk in the park and a big swim at the beach. Now I am missing her terribly and wish she was back here. Hope Sandy gives her lots of treats too. Missing you and hoping you are feeling great again.


    Love

    Mum

    ReplyDelete